Not every run is perfect. Some runs go as planned some go off the running rails as to say. The 10 dumbest things I’ve done while running.
1. I ran the wrong direction at the start of a 5k race.
2. Wore a lined running suit…I got mega hot and very chaffed.
3. Forgot to take off my reading glasses before running the Cleveland Marathon.
4. Ignored natures call (#2) before a long run….ran 21 miles with the “clamp” on.
5. During my 2nd run at the JFK 50 mile, I noticed a girl off the trail taking care of “business” not sure why I did it but for some reason I said “Hi.”
[Tweet “@cledawgs lists the 10 dumbest things he has done while running. “]
6. Went for a run after having spicy chicken wings for dinner….got it done but it hurt.
7. Completely jumped out of my skin, a number of times, for a snake that turned out to be a stick.
8. Hit the wrong button on my GPS watch then tried to pace off the bike MPH data.
9. Failed at learning the skill of a successful a snot rocket….I gave up.
The totally dumbest thing I’ve done while running. Waited until I was 30+ to get serious about running. I got a late start but the time was right for me.
(My Umstead 100 mile finisher buckle)
The best thing I ever done while running was get serious about my running.