The holidays are right around the corner… there is a chill in the air, lights are going up everywhere, and Christmas music playing in each store you enter. Speaking of stores…the Black Friday rampage is right around the corner. As you are going through your list of people in your life who deserve a little extra something special, there is always that Runner you want to get the perfect gift for! Do you need a little help? Fear not, here is a little guide to get that special Runner the perfect holiday gift!
For a chance to win one of these great gifts, enter below. Drawings will be held Christmas eve.
1. Apera Bag – Apera bags are pure sport bags. Not only are the functional, stylish and great to haul your Race Kit around, All Apera bags are protected by groundbreaking antimicrobial product protection that resists the formation of bacterial odor on both the inside and outside. Apera bags’ ventilated compartments wipe able linings and washable inserts, ensure your bag stays clean, odor-free and most importantly healthy.
2. Desert Runners Movie – Some adventures just blow your mind. Imagine you’ve been dropped off in the middle of one of the largest, driest deserts in the World. Over the next six days you will have to run, jog, walk or crawl 155 miles through the incessant heat (up to 120 degrees), across soft sand and hard-packed gravel, over sand dunes multiple stories high and down razor-sharp rocky cliffs. You must do this carrying everything you need to survive — clothes, food, sunscreen, emergency medical supplies, sleeping bag — in a 20-pound pack on your back. Now imagine doing this not just once, but four times in one calendar year, through the four most treacherous deserts in the world: the Atacama Desert in Chile, the Gobi Desert in China, the Sahara in Egypt… and then, the final stage, a 150-mile footrace across the single most inhospitable landscape in the world: Antarctica.
3. Fenix Headlamp – For that hardcore runner in your life, here is the perfect run companion for those long runs. Fenix-Store exploded onto the flashlight scene over 8 years ago to become the preferred source of affordable high-end lighting for flashlight lovers everywhere. Our goal: to provide the best lights for the best value, without compromising quality. Fenix headlamps offer the latest LEDs, circuitry, and features in a high power headlamp. And always at an affordable price.
4. The High Making The Toughest race On Earth – We can’t all run races all over the world. Few of us get to run over the great mountains. In 2010, a group of extreme runners brought together by an adventure-obsessed race director mutually volunteer in a running experiment over the two highest passes in the world. But with this great race documentary you can live this one of kind race as it plays out right in front of you.
5. Tiux Compression Socks – NOT you’re run of the mill compression socks. Tiux Graduated compression socks have a higher compression at the ankle and gradually decreases towards the calf. Graduated compression will enhance circulation and increase the level of oxygenated blood to your legs, while pumping deoxygenated blood back to your heart. Stimulating blood flow helps athletes improve performance, reduce muscle fatigue and recover faster.
6. Running Buddy – Have you ever been on a run or out at the park and forgot where you put your keys, phone or money? No Belt, Band or Bounce! These running pouches are replacing armbands and running belts for runners, walkers and all outdoor enthusiasts. As seen on ABC’s “Shark Tank.”
7. Swiftwick Socks – With all the attention on the newest shoes, you can forget that a good pair of socks can make or break any run. Thankfully Swiftwick socks has not forgotten. Swiftwick has been engineered and developed with you in mind. At Swiftwick, we aim to fuel your adventures with the best socks designed by athletes for athletes. We fuse our personal experience with the most advanced fibers to create socks proven to propel your performance, so you can do what moves you. Managed Compression™, Chemical-free wicking , blister-free, and Odor free and just some of the feature designed into their socks.
8. 1Hundred Film, The Leadville 100 – This race is one of my bucket list races and one that truly inspires me. It takes a strong person to attempt a 100 mile run in the Colorado Rockies. This film follows four novice ultra-runners who will show you how much it takes to tackle a 100 mile footrace through the rugged Colorado Rockies in less than 30 hours. With an average of less than half of the participants completing the Leadville Trail 100, the runners will have to battle the mountains, the weather, the clock and themselves.
9. Knuckle Lights – When your running at night, you want to know where your going. Knuckle light give you that sense of security and allows you to direct a bright beam of light right where you want it. Knuckle Lights are the first and only lights designed to be worn on your hands, in the perfect position to light your path and be seen on your next run or walk in the dark. Knuckle Lights are worn on your hands, in the perfect position to light your path and be seen.
10. RaceDots® – Is your favorite runner tired of tearing up their favorite race shirts? RaceDots® are the simple, colorful and non-destructive alternative to safety pins. Each RaceDot is a patented assembly of two very strong magnets that lock together to hold your race number in place, but they never hurt your clothing. 20 stock colors plus custom. RaceDots® are sleek and powerful, fabric-friendly and safe and easy to use. Pick up a pack of RaceDots® and never destroy a race shirt again.
11. Out There, A Story of Ultra Recovery by David Clark – I only have one word, MOTIVATING…David Clark went from the rock bottom of bankruptcy, addiction and obesity to becoming an accomplished athlete. In this compelling story of his life, he not only shares his journey with complete honesty, but he also lays out a blueprint for change that anyone can use to redefine what is possible.
12. Western States Movie, Unbreakable – Maybe the best race ever, In 2010, four of the greatest undefeated mountain runners on earth toed the starting line at the Western States 100-mile endurance run, the oldest and most prestigious 100-mile foot race in the world. Unbreakable, follows the four lead men on this amazing journey. Hal Koerner, two time defending Western States champion, and running store entrepreneur from Ashland, Oregon. Geoff Roes, undefeated at the 100-mile distance, an organic chef from Juneau, Alaska. Anton Krupicka, undefeated in every ultramarathon he has ever started, a graduate student living in Boulder, Colorado. Kilian Jornet, the young mountain runner and two time Ultra-trail du Mont-Blanc champion, from Spain
13. The Art Of Running by Matthew Crehan – Some stories are best told and heard a number of different ways. During his brief 24-year lifespan, Steve Prefontaine grew from hometown hero, to record-setting college phenomenon, to internationally acclaimed Olympic track star. In a similar span of years since his death in 1975, Pre has become the stuff of enduring legend.
And last not not least by any stretch…a GREAT training book by a good friend, Bruce Van Horn
14. You Can Go The Distance, by Bruce Van Horn – Life is a marathon so let’s train for it…and if you have ever wanted to run a marathon, Bruce can show you the way. You CAN Go the Distance! is much more than just a marathon training guide.Inside every chapter, Bruce Van Horn, coaches you with training techniques from years of experience and infuses them with his own brand of motivation and inspiration which, literally, hundreds of thousands of people have come to love him for. Most people never even attempt a marathon because they are convinced they cannot possibly run 26.2 miles. What they forget is that every world-class runner started at the same place. Perhaps the hardest part about running a marathon is making the decision to actually try it!