June, 6 2014
Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Run
It’s all over including the crying…
I had three goals going into this race, my first 100 mile race. First and foremost Finish, second, a Sub 26 hour finish, and if all went right in the world a SUB 24 hour finish.
I still find it hard to get my mind around this:
My finish time: 22 hours, 51 minutes, and 5 seconds.
Finish by position:
Umstead sub 24 hour buckle
My Rambling Thoughts 24 Hours After The Finish:
- My Feet Hurt, awesome trail but it was ROCK infested…very hard on your feet
- The Umstead Staff are OUTSTANDING, first class event, and support
- Perfect weather…
- Pacers are awesome, I had two of the best, they put me first and made me feel important
- Other runners, saw some great and inspirational people out there
- Very emotional
- The taste of a snow cone after 12.5 miles can’t be explained
- Whomever yelled “BEAR” on a very dark part of the course…I’ll get you. (and Thanks for the extra gear that gave me)
- I had no idea I could run sub 23 hours.
- An Arbys sandwich, first real food after run……Oh to the My!
A more extensive race report will follow.