Do you want to run fast?
Do you want to set a new personal record, qualify for the Boston Marathon, run a sub four or five hour marathon? If you have one of these marathon benchmarks on the horizon why not load the deck in your favor to achieve your goals. To ensure the marathoning odds are in your favor you’ll need a course that is flat, fast and with very few turns.
In my next of the woods, Virginia, North/South Carolina and the surrounding states, the Tobacco Road Marathon in Cary, North Carolina is the answer.
- Full and half marathon run the same course for 2.5 miles to and from the American Tobacco Trail (ATT)
- Full marathon has 21 miles on the ATT and the half marathon has 8 miles on the ATT
- Very few hills and a downhill finish help runners achieve their fastest times
- Minimal turns on paved roads and minimal vehicular traffic on the course
- Main entrance into USA Baseball Complex at Green Hope School Road is open for easier shuttle and vehicle traffic
- USA Track & Field (USATF) Certified Courses
10 percent of Tobacco Road Marathon runners qualify for the Boston Marathon; that’s why the event, conducted on the fast, flat American Tobacco Trail is known as a “Boston Qualifier.” I will not be gunning for Boston, my sights are set on my second sub four hour marathon, on March 13th come run with me and set your sights on your personal goals whether that be Boston or beyond.