UPDATE: I’ve reached 18,000 MILES
While on a remote tour to Thule Greenland, August 2nd of 2000, I started running with a simple 2 mile run on a treadmill. I was out of shape, 30 pounds overweight and simply feeling bad about myself. I got on a treadmill with no expectations, I just wanted to lose a few pounds and get in reasonable shape. I never would have guessed where those first labored steps, those first few out of breath miles would take me.
15. I lost 30 pounds and for the most part I have kept it off for 15 years. I did gain a few pounds back here and there but as of today I’m 30 pounds lighter.
14. I got in shape…from that first two mile run I now run ultra marathon distances (greater then 26.2 miles).
13. I’ve met and become part of a great and supportive running community.
12. I ran a marathon (13 to date) and become a Marathon Maniac, ran two marathons within 14 days.
11. I began this running blog.
10. I ran a race on top of the world and the middle eastern desert.
9. I’ve run two 100 mile races, both under 24 hours.
8. I’ve run and raised over $5000 for charity.
7. Captained a team which won a 24 Hour Race (most combined miles). #Run4Life
6. Ran a 200 mile relay with 6 good friends.
5. Ran the Air Force Marathon, and Marine Corp Marathon.
4. Ran sub 4 hour marathon in Niagara Falls, USA and Canada.
3. Changed my outlook on life.
2. Had a running feature which I wrote published.
1. Found the “ME” I never knew I could be.
I only highlight these to show you that if I can change my world by simply running, YOU can too.
My New Long Term Goal…25,000 miles before I turn 55.
#run #run365 #runchat