You have run the miles, watched what you eat and lost the pounds. Now what? The most important part of any diet or weight loss plan is to maintain your healthy lifestyle.
Here are 5 habits to help maintain your weight and not squander all that hard work!
- Stop Dieting You can’t live on that diet forever. You can’t continue to follow the fad diet. Get back to eating normal, but the new normal for you. Make sure you eat full, well balanced meals containing lean proteins, healthy fats, and fruits & veggies. I don’t eat perfect, but I eat a heck of a lot better then I did.
- Be proud of your Success and Reward Results Continue to set weekly and monthly goals, and make sure you reward yourself when you hit your targets. Celebrate with a fun activity (instead of a huge restaurant dinner with extra dessert), new running gear or a new workout outfit.
- Find what works for you We are all different, Try cooking your own meals instead of eating out. Supplement your meals with a smoothie or shake.
- Get Some Sleep Lack of sleep can lead to irregular appetite & an imbalance of hormones which can lead to decreased levels of Leptin, your natural appetite suppressor. Make sure you get your 7-9 hours of Zzzz’s!
- Be Active, Stay Accountable Keep up your new healthy lifestyle by staying active and being accountable for your choices. Just because you’ve achieved your weight loss/fitness goal doesn’t mean you should regress back to those old habits! Be Proud, Keep strong & motivated for a happier, healthier, fitter you.