What a great movie Smokey and the Bandit was. I’m sure the Bandit (Burt Reynolds) nor Frog (Sally Fields) were not runners, although I could see Sally Fields running a marathon, Burt Reynolds not so much.
Who does not love a good old car chase movie, and that black and gold Trans Am.
But running Bandit, is not cool.
Notice anything funny here…both runners are wearing big smiles, enjoying the race and something else.
[Tweet “Running with Smokey and the Bandit and @cledawgs on running bandit”]
The great folks at Marathon Investigation found out just why this couple was all smiles at the Modesto Marathon, click here to find out all the details.
Ten Reasons Why Running Bandit is not cool…
10. You did not pay for your entry
9. Course support (water, finishers swag etc.) is set up to handle X number of runners…the extra load of bandit runners is unpredictable and can take any from the paying customers. And don’t take an extra medal either.
8. If you can’t afford to run the race, simply run the miles alone. It’s not life or death.
(Do you really want this guy tracking you do?)
7. Same as stealing, you can and should be charged.
6. What if you did BQ on a bandit entry and got caught….there goes your BQ.
5. The Ban…if Boston is your goal race is it worth the risk?
4. Someone knows and will rat you out if they get caught too.
3. That awkward race photo of Sally Smith with her ultra-runner beard.
2. Like Waldo that photo will haunt you forever.
and just like the remake.
1. It’s wrong.
Have you witnessed anyone running bandit?