18,000 miles I’ve run since I started this crazy journey on the 2nd of August 2000.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have guess that through some high times, some lows, some injuries and some challenges I would still be running 17+ years later.
Running and a fitness life style have added so much to my life. Over those 17 years I’ve logged a lot of miles…and became a better person.
18 Lessons Running Has Taught Me
1. Time away from a problem makes it much easier to solve…and running gives you that time and creative energy to see the solution.
2. Running helps to make a bad meal, or snack not so bad. I’ve also learned that unfortunately you can’t outrun a bad diet.
3. I’ve met a lot of
good great people (friends) running.
4. My health has improved beyond measure.
5. I seen things/places I would have never experienced without the run.
6. I’ve reinvented who I thought I was.
7. Life is sweeter while on the run.
8. I’ve found my creative voice from running, I’ve found I can tell a story about my run.
9. Miles are more than a measurement of distance.
10. To stop and smell the roses.
11. Sometimes its fun to be lost.
12. I can do more than I ever thought.
13. A mile is a really long way.
14. A mile is nothing at all.
15. When someone yells “BEAR” in the middle of the night, you’ll run faster….it does not matter if you ran 80+ miles before hand.
16. I can completely change my clothes in my car without flashing anyone.
17. 80% of the people do not return a friendly wave while running.
18. When I look for a reason to NOT run, I normally find more reasons that I should.
I may never win a race, or place in my age group, but I can do epic, I can run epic and my life will be epic. ~ Brian
P.s. thanks for reading my blog, here’s to the thousands of miles in front of us.
P.s.s My thoughts when I ran my 15,000th mile.